With less than a month to go, donations are rolling in for Stockton’s first Coat, Blanket and Sock Drive. The event is being organized by the Stockton Record, SMG Stockton, The United Way, St. Mary’s Dining Room, the Stockton Ports and Stockton Thunder.
This event is the first of its kind that will collect items from Stockton residents, and return them to Stockton residents. The goal is to collect 6000 items that include clean, gently used coats and blankets, and new socks. All sizes for men, women and children are needed. Items will be distributed the morning of November 23rd from 9 am to 1 pm at the Stockton Arena Conference Center.
Donation barrels are located at the following locations:
· Bank of Stockton branches
· Bank of Agriculture and Commerce branches
· Central State Credit Union branches
· Stockton Record
· Stockton Arena
· Oak Park Ice Arena
· Spanos Center at University of the Pacific (50% off tickets to Nov.3rd Men’s game and Nov. 8th Women’s game with donated item)
· United Way
· Haggin Museum ($3 off admission with a donated item)
· Grupe Real Estate Office
· Aspire School on American St.