You Don’t Need to Leave Stockton for Top Quality Cancer Care
Treatment advances are making high-quality cancer care easier for patients - and the physicians and support teams who care for them. St. Joseph's Cancer Center is the area's leading all-encompassing cancer care facility, providing a single point of access for seamless, comprehensive, and compassionate cancer care services.
St. Joseph's Cancer Center is the only center in San Joaquin County:
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s (ACoS) Commission on Cancer
- Touting on-site physicists and dosimetrists available during all treatments to provide assistance to the radiation therapists
- Recognized by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation for having staff nationally certified in oncology
Technologically, St. Joseph’s Cancer Center provides advanced treatment with the $4 million Varian Trilogy™ linear accelerator, capabilities of which include:
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRS)
- Cone Beam Guided Radiation Therapy (CBCT)
Advanced technology with compassion
St. Joseph’s Regional Cancer Center offers the area’s most advanced medical technology with support and compassion to patients and their families. A dedicated, multidisciplinary team of professionals including nationally certified radiation therapists, certified dosimetrist, and a Ph.D. physicist work under the direction of board certified physicians to design specialized treatment plans that meet each individual patient’s unique needs.
St. Joseph’s established a dedicated oncology department in 1978 and later opened the Regional Cancer Center in 1988 to create a fully integrated, comprehensive cancer center. The center is fully accredited by the American College of Surgeons and the Joint Commission, signifying a commitment to excellence and compliance with the rigorous standards of clinical practice.
Offering advanced technology, supported by clinical research trials, the center houses two linear accelerators, a CT simulator, Patient Quality Control management system, advanced clinical treatment planning system.
Each year, St. Joseph’s Regional Cancer Center delivers more than 19,000 treatments to cancer patients. Our cancer services include Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Mammosite, High Dose Rate Brachytherapy, 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy, dedicated inpatient oncology, clinical trials, and I.V. chemotherapy. In addition, a full spectrum of patient and family support services are offered throughout the year to promote healing, compassion and hope for cancer survivors and their families.
To provide advanced, comprehensive patient-focused care, our multidisciplinary team of certified radiation oncologists, board certified physicians, registered dosimetrists, registered radiation therapists and nurses offer: A full spectrum of treatment modalities including:
- Medical oncology, chemotherapy, infusion and radiation therapy
- Cancer Navigator - guiding patients and their families through the process of care with a personalized plan-of-action
- Counseling, support, education, and a Cancer Research Library
- Complementary services and programs, offering insight into alternative wellness methods such as nutrition and massage
blog comments powered by