The Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library is again partnering with the San Joaquin Reading Association to give children throughout the county an opportunity to participate in the California Young Reader Medal program.
The California Young Reader Medal is a yearly award which recognizes the best books in the primary, intermediate, middle school, high school, and picture books for older readers categories. The books are nominated and voted on by youth throughout California.
At the Read Around the Library programs, children will hear all the books nominated in the primary (picture book) category. Members of the San Joaquin County Reading Association will be joined by library staff to read the nominated titles. After hearing all of the nominated titles, children will get to vote for their favorite and then participate in a related craft activity.
Read Around the Library will be held at the following SSJCPL branches:
- Linden Library | 19059 E. Main St., Linden | Fri., March 14 at 3:30 pm
- Weston Ranch Library | 1453 W. French Camp Rd., Stockton | Thurs., March 20 at 4 pm
- Cesar Chavez Central Library | 605 N. El Dorado St., Stockton | Fri., March 21 at 3:30 pm
- Margaret Troke Library | 502 W. Benjamin Holt Dr., Stockton | Wed., March 26 at 4 pm
- Manteca Library | 320 W. Center St., Manteca | Sat., March 29 at 2 pm
This free program is provided through the generosity of the San Joaquin County Reading Association. The Linden, Weston Ranch, Cesar Chavez Central, Margaret Troke, and Manteca Libraries are part of the Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library. For more information, call (209) 937-8221 or (866) 805-7323. Visit the Library’s website at www.ssjcpl.org and fan or follow us on twitter.com/ssjcpl and facebook.com/ssjcpl.