Thunder Announce Protected List
The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s New York Islanders and AHL’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers, have announced their protected list via Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Rich Kromm.
The Thunder’s protected list includes 17 players:
Forwards (8): Matt Bergland, Andrew Clark, Ryan Hayes, James Henry, Garet Hunt, Joey Martin, Shawn O’Donnell, Nick Tremblay, Corey Trivino
Defenseman (8): Lee Baldwin, Shawn Boutin, Ryan Constant, Nathan Deck, Scott Langdon, Kevin Noble, Landon Oslanski
Goalie (1): Brian Foster
The ECHL allows teams to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an Standard Player Contract (SPC) in 2013-14 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2013-14, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2013-14 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13.
The Thunder can expect to add to its Season-Ending Roster as the team traded Mitch Bruijsten to the Fort Wayne Komets back on Trade Deadline Day, March 13th in exchange for future considerations.
The Thunder must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2013-14.
The Thunder’s annual equipment and merchandise sale begins Monday, June 9 open to Season Ticket Holders only from 5-8 p.m. Season Ticket Holders can enter Stockton Arena through the North Entry doors where you will check in and be ushered to the dressing room for the equipment sale and the Fan Attic for the merchandise sale.
The sale will be opened to the public on Tuesday, June 10 and Wednesday, June 11 from noon to 4:00PM as well as from 5:00 to 8:00PM.
From noon until 4:00PM, entry will be via the Stockton Arena reception area (adjacent to the ticket windows), and from 5:00PM until closing, fans will enter via the North Entry
blog comments powered by