Children's Summer Reading Program at the Troke Branch Library
The Troke Branch Library presents this year’s Children’s Summer Reading Program, “Build a Better World” from June 1 – July 31. The Summer Reading Program is to encourage everyone to read during the summer months. The library will host a variety of themed activities for children, teens, and adults that encourage and support a love of reading. Participants also can win prizes for reaching their reading goals.
The Library Summer Reading Program is open to children, teens, and adults. Sign up for Summer Reading today, and get your family signed up, too!
Themed events include:
- Thursday, June 1, 2017, 6:00pm: Shedskin Reptiles Animal show. An introduction to the world of reptiles.
- Thursday, June 8, 2017, 6:00pm: Sterling the Bubblesmith Bubble Show. Fun bubble magic for the entire family.
- Thursday, June 22, 2017, 6:00pm: Slimy Science (STEM Program) ages 5 & up. Learn about chemistry and chemical reactions and the three states of matter. Space is Limited to 45 children. Please reserve a seat by contacting the Troke library information desk.
- Thursday, July 6, 2017, 6:00pm: Magic Show With Brian Scott. Brian Scott will captivate his audience with magic, comedy and pure fun.
- Thursday, July 13, 2017, 6:00pm: Mineral Mania (STEM) ages 8 & up. This science program teaches the properties of rock-forming minerals. Students will work in groups to identify eight minerals.
- Friday, July 14, 2017, 2pm-3pm & 3:15-4:15pm: Basic nature drawing for kids ages 6 & up. Space is limited, please reserve a seat for one of these sessions by contacting the Troke Library information desk.
- Thursday, July 20, 2017, 6:00pm: Summer Arts & Crafts.
- Friday, July 21, 2017, 2-3 pm & 3:15-4:15pm: Basic nature drawing for kids ages 6 & Up. Space is limited, please reserve a seat for one of these sessions by contacting the Troke Library information desk.
- Thursday, July 27, 2017, 6:00pm: End of Summer Reading Ice Cream Social
These free programs are provided through the generosity of the Friends of the Stockton Public Library. The Margaret Troke Library is a part of the Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library and is located at 502 W. Benjamin Holt Drive in Stockton. For more information, call (209) 937-8221 or (866) 805-7323. Visit the Library’s website at www.ssjcpl.org and fan or follow us on twitter.com/ssjcpl and facebook.com/ssjcpl.
blog comments powered by