The Cesar Chavez Central Library will celebrate the works of local authors with an Author Symposium on Monday, May 12, 2014. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. with local authors ready to greet guests. The speaking portion of the evening will begin at 6 pm with each author discussing his/her book. Following the authors’ comments, guests will have an opportunity to purchase the authors’ books and have them signed.
Local authors in attendance will be:
• Paula Treick DeBoard, author of The Mourning Hours
• Mary Jo Gohlke, author of Remarkable Women of Stockton
• Britt Nunes, author of Etched
• Richard Rios, author of Songs from the Barrio: Coming of Age in Modesto, CA
• Danny Thomas Ruiz Dunne, author of The Blue Mexican
• Alice Van Ommeren, author of Stockton in Vintage Postcards and Yosemite’s Historic Hotels and Camps
This free program is provided through the generosity of the Friends of the Stockton Public Library. The Cesar Chavez Central Library is a part of the Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library and is located at 605 N. El Dorado Street in Stockton. For more information, call (209) 937-8221 or (866) 805-7323. Visit the Library’s website at www.ssjcpl.org and fan or follow us on twitter.com/ssjcpl and facebook.com/ssjcpl.