Google, welcome to Stockton!
Photo courtesy of Susan Filios
On March 6th at approximately 10:15am, the mysterious Google barge arrived at the Port of Stockton. The "Google Barge" is actual several barges being built by Google in different parts of the nation. The leading rumor regarding their use is for floating tech showcases to promote Google services and items such as Google Glass.
Google released a simple statement about the barge move to Stockton. ”It’s been a busy six months for our barge and it’s grown tired of all the attention, so we are moving it to Stockton where it can have a break, enjoy the city’s delicious asparagus and warmer climate, and get a bit of rest before its next chapter."
Regardless of the final intent for the barges, Stockton can claim having one of the barges here in our community. For the next six months, the barge will go through extensive building and finishing touches making it ready for its final purpose...whatever that may be. We thank Google for selecting Stockton for the honor and extend a welcome hand to staff, visitors and locals.
The "barge" has attracted a lot of attention from media throughout the world. Enjoy these news stories…
- Hope floats: Google barge brings more than just ... - Recordnet.com
- Google barge to arrive at Port of Stockton Thursday - News10
- Google barge parks in Stockton- USA TODAY
- Google Barge Now Docked in "Asparagus" Country in Stockton ... - NBC Bay Area
- Google Barge arriving in Stockton this morning - CNET
- Google barge arrives in Stockton - KCRA
blog comments powered by