Stockton Arts Commission Grants
Required Workshops Scheduled for Applicants
The City of Stockton Arts Commission will soon be accepting applications for the 2019 Stockton Arts Endowment Grants. The Commission has a total of $50,000 available for grants to support, stimulate and strengthen the arts in Stockton. Grants will be awarded in increments ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 each. Application eligibility is limited to those who meet the following criteria and attend a workshop:
- Nonprofit organizations that maintain a business office or primary venue in Stockton;
- Artists, including student artists, who maintain a primary residence in Stockton;
- Arts educators who teach in a school, college, or university in Stockton but may not reside in Stockton; or
- Collaborative Proposal applicants who designate a “Project Principal.”
A Project Principal is an organization or individual that meets the residency and eligibility requirements outlined above and serves as the fiscal agent for the project, receiving and administering the grant’s funding and use.
Previous successful applicants who have received grants in the two most recent years are not eligible to apply.
Prior to applying, applicants are required to attend one of three scheduled grants workshops. Applicants must attend a full workshop session or send a representative to a 2019 Arts Grant Workshop on their behalf; late arrival to workshops is not permitted. The application will be discussed at the mandatory workshops held at the Oak Park Senior Center, 730 E. Fulton St., Stockton:
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6, 2018, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
All types of arts will be considered for funding.Grant applicants must propose a project that:
- Consists of arts events/activities open to the public and held in Stockton;
- Will take place between January 1, 2019, and December 31, 2019;
- May include, but are not limited to, performances, exhibits, classes, workshops, festivals, screenings and readings;
- May be an existing or new project; and
- May involve all artistic disciplines including, but not limited to, music, dance, theater, visual and literary arts.
The deadline for completed applications is November 16, 2018, at 4 p.m.
Please contact Community Services Administration office at 209-937-8837 for more information. To learn more about the Stockton Arts Commission, visit
www.stocktonca.gov/arts and “like” us on Facebook www.facebook.com/stocktonarts.
blog comments powered by