The City of Stockton will resurface a section of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Blvd beginning next week. A new surface will be applied to both eastbound and westbound lanes from the west side of Lincoln St. to the east side of I-5. Crews will be working in the area starting September 18, 2019, and work will take place weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Some travel tips to help during roadwork:
- One lane in each direction will be open during construction.
- Watch for changing message signs and workers directing traffic.
- Drivers should expect delays.
- Drivers must reduce speed and travel with caution.
- Travelers are encouraged to find alternate routes during construction.
- Truck routes are listed at www.stocktonca.gov/files/STAATruckRouteMap.pdf
- Access to local business may be through alternate entrances or limited for short periods.
The project is expected to conclude by mid-October. For information, please call 209-937-8341 or visit www.stocktonca.gov/trafficalert.