Come join us for the 7th Annual Bathtub Race at the Louis Park Boat Launch. Use your imagination and build your own "Bathtub Racer". (It doesn't actually have to be a bathtub. Just anything that did not start out as a manufactured water vessel; i.e. boat, kayak, canoe, etc.) We welcome all racers, young and old. There's a kid's race and an adult race. And if you aren't feeling especially creative, just come out and cheer on the other guys. It's great family fun!
Watch the different kinds of "boats" our contestants have come up with this year. See who floats and who sinks.
- Life Jackets are required for all contestants.
- All entries must be human powered (no motors)
- Entries can be made from anything that floats..as long as it did not originally start out as a manufactured water vessel (boat, canoe, raft, kayak, etc.)
- Participants must be 18 years of age unless accompanied by an adult
- Check in time is 9:30 a.m.
- FREE to watch and FREE to compete!!
Directions are very easy from I5 Freeway. Get off at Monte Diablo and head west, Just stay on Monte Diablo and you won't miss us. You will see a sign for Louis Park on your right. Keep going. Baseball fields on your right also. The road will curve to the right. Just a little bit further and you should see us on your left.