TheBestSchools.org selected Elkhorn based on several weighted factors, including academic excellence, NAEP scores, state assessment scores, received awards and rankings, geographical diversity, and reputation.
Elkhorn Elementary School is a member of the Lodi Unified School District in San Joaquin County, California. The school serves almost 300 students in grades 4 through 8.
There are activities geared toward both elementary and middle school. Middle school students participated in the science competition known as the Middle School Science Olympiad in the 2013–14 school year, earning gold medals in Anatomy, Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Experimental Design, Heredity, Meteorology, Road Scholar, Shock Value, Simple Machine,s and Water Quality, as well as silver and bronze medals in a variety of subjects.
The district provides resources for every grade and school in the district, so that students have a wide variety of learning tools. Students and teachers can communicate and collaborate on line through the website, with email, exchange of documents, tutoring, and website design and creation.
Awards and Rankings:
- Rated 10 (on a scale of 10) by Zillow.com
- Rated 9 (on a scale of 10) by GreatSchools.com
- Rated 10 (on a scale of 10) by Education.com
- Ranked as the best middle school in the Western United States by NeighborhoodScout.com
- Ranked #60 out of 7,053 schools by USA.com
- Awarded a grade of 95, with 442 out of 459 possible points, on the Star Test Average Score by FindtheBestSchools.com
is a leading resource for prospective students seeking a college or university degree. Many schools in the United States reference our college and university rankings including Auburn University, Boston University, Texas A&M University, Fordham University, and many others. Read more here.