On June 23, members of the Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce celebrated the installment of new Board of Directors and Officers for the 2022-2023 fiscal year at special Installation ceremony. The event included the swearing in of our new President Kay G. Ruhstaller, Family Resource & Referral Center. The event also included an installation ceremony of our new Board Members and Officers and the recognition of our outgoing President Chris Kay, Siegfried Engineering, Inc./Carter Imports, for his service as President from 2020-2022. Ms. Ruhstaller will be the Chamber’s 13th woman to serve as Board President since the Chamber was founded in 1901.
An experienced business leader, Ms. Ruhstaller is the CEO of the Family Resource & Referral Center (FRRC), a nonprofit organization employing over 140+ full-time employees with an annual budget of 69 million. In 2019, FRRC was chosen as the California Nonprofit of the Year, and in 2020 won the Stockton Chamber of Commerce’s Co-Nonprofit of the Year Award as part of the Chamber’s Annual Business Awards.
As long-standing Chamber members (since 1989), FRRC has recognized the importance of the Chamber’s work in keeping our community economically vibrant. “The Chamber has been important historically in leading efforts such as bringing the University of the Pacific to Stockton and mitigating the damages that would have been done when the CA Healthcare Facility was built in Stockton and San Joaquin County,” says Ms. Ruhstaller. “The Chamber has emerged from the pandemic as the trusted resource for information to the business community due to the hard work of the Chamber team under the leadership of now CEO, Timm Quinn.”
The Chamber’s Board of Directors oversee the activities of the Chamber. They set the Chamber’s goals and policies. Members of our Board come from all areas of our diverse business community; they come together to do their part in the Chamber’s tireless efforts to aggressively develop and promote an economically vibrant business community. Many of the Chamber’s successes can be directly attributed to the efforts of these individuals.
This 2022-2023 Greater Stockton Chamber of Commerce Officers and Directors sworn in were:
- President Kay Ruhstaller, Family Resource & Referral Center
- Sr. Vice President Justin Redman, F&M Bank
- Financial Vice President Scott Grafius, Steele Insurance Agency
- Vice President Jamie Bossuat, Kroloff Belcher Smart Perry & Christopherson
- Vice President Elizabeth H. Kim, Neumiller & Beardslee
The 5 new board members voted in by the Stockton Chamber membership and sworn in to serve a 3 year term were:
- Jesús Andrade, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
- Shauna Buzunis Jacob, Child Abuse Prevention Council of San Joaquin
- Lorie Diaz-Liddicoat, Partners Commercial Real Estate
- Melissa Gomes, Weberstown Mall
- Eric Vaughn, One Eleven Web Design
The Board of Directors for 2022-2023 also consists of:
- Gina Calder, Michael’s New York Style Pizza, Inc.
- Kendra Clark, Kendra Clark Leadership Strategies
- Lisa Craig, The Craig Group
- Darryl Curry, Kaiser Permanente Central Valley
- Cathy Douma, Minuteman Press of Stockton
- Melissa Flores, Collins Electrical Company, Inc.
- Matthew Grizzle, Invictus Management
- Tim Rubino, Big Valley Ford Lincoln
- Jason Schwarz, Haggerty Construction, Inc.
- Tyler Solt, Crown Enterprises
- Chad Sublet, Verve IT
- Diane Vigil, Stockton Symphony Association
- Rev. Dwight Williams, New Genesis Housing Development
- 2020-22 President Chris Kay, Siegfried Engineering, Inc./Carter Imports
- Vice President Dr. Robert Melrose, Brookside Optometric Group
We look forward to a successful 2022-2023 fiscal year under the leadership of Kay Ruhstaller, the new Chamber Officers, Board of Directors, CEO Timm Quinn and Chamber staff.