The U.S. National Weather Service has issued a Stockton / San Joaquin Area Flood Warnings in effect until February 23, 2017. Please be sure to monitor the CaravanNews.com and the link below for the latest information. Be safe.
Until 400 PM PST Thursday (Feb. 23rd): Here are the highlights:
* Interior Northern California will experience another significant uptick in flooding problems starting late Sunday Night and continuing through Monday Night as an intense Atmospheric River type storm arrives.
* Our entire region has saturated soils and many flooded areas already...this will enhance the impact of additional heavy rains.
* Additional stress will be placed on levees, rivers, creeks, and streams.
* We may see flooding in locations which haven`t been impacted in many years.
* We are strongly advising all residents in interior Northern California to be prepared for flooding. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Be prepared to evacuate if flooding should affect your area. Gather a "go bag" with important items like medications and hard to replace documents. Don`t forget to plan for your pets and animals. Please never drive across flooded waters...especially flowing water. Most people who are killed or injured during floods are attempting to drive through flooded waters.