Pacific Defeats Hawai’i At Hal Nelson Tennis Courts
The Pacific men's tennis team won its second straight home dual match with a 5-2 win over Hawai'i on Saturday, Feb. 1 at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts. The Tigers improved to 2-1, while Hawai'i dropped to 1-3.
Pacific won the doubles point, when the teams of sophomore Sem Verbeek and freshman Miguel Diaz and sophomores Daniel Alameh and Marlon Brand picking up victories. Alameh, Diaz, and junior Ben Mirkin and Erik Cederwall each won in singles for the Tigers.
"It was a very tough match and a great win today," said Pacific Men's Tennis Head Coach Ryan Redondo. "Hawaii is tough and well coached. It was a lot of fun and great to see some guys step up and pull through. We have a lot to improve on and to continue developing."
The Tigers are next in action with a road match at New Mexico on Friday, Feb. 7 at 5:00 p.m.
1. Daniel Alameh/Marlon Brand (PAC) def. Jonathan Brooklyn/Danilo Casanova (UH) 8-4
1. Sem Verbeek/Miguel Diaz (PAC) def. Carter Lam/Marcel Chan (UH) 8-1
3. Erik Cederwall/Alex Hamilton (PAC) vs. Nils Schuhmann/David Schuster (UH) 5-5 (DNF)
1. Brooklyn (UH) def. Verbeek (PAC) 4-6, 6-4, 7-6 (6)
2. Alameh (PAC) def. Casnova (UH) 6-2, 6-1
3. Schuhmann (UH) def. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) 6-3, 1-6, 6-1
4. Diaz (PAC) def. Chas Okamoto (UH) 6-4, 6-4
5. Ben Mirkin (PAC) def. Schuster 2-6, 6-2, 6-2
6. Erik Cederwall (PAC) def. Lam (UH) 6-3, 6-7, 6-3
blog comments powered by